- Investigating fraud, bribery, and corruption
- Conducting forensic investigative reviews and analyses
- Uncovering false accounting
- Investigating program fraud
Fraud Risk Management
- Raising awareness of fraud and corruption
- Launching a whistleblower program
- Practicing investigative due diligence
Uncovering Falsified Expenses
Addx uncovered a massive fraud operation of a construction contractor that had submitted more than $1.8 million in false accounting expense records. To identify the falsified expenses, Addx fraud investigators secured and collected all tangible and oral evidence, using forensic tools and interviews; analyzed the evidence, using computer forensic analysis technologies and data analytics; and presented the evidence in terms that could be easily understood. Thanks to Addx, the funds were recovered and the criminals were prosecuted.
Uncovering “Enron-like” NASDAQ Fraud
A major contractor that traded stock on the NASDAQ exchange was alleged to have falsified financial statements. The accounting system was downloaded, and Addx investigators led a forensic accounting and analysis. Addx confirmed that the contractor had inflated its revenues and underreported its expenses, vastly increasing its profits. The contractor’s president and chief financial officer pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud the government.