- Integrating manpower, personnel, and training into design
- Evaluating systems and their usability
- Ensuring environmental safety and health
- Assessing personnel survivability
Building a High-Reliability Organization and Safety Culture
- Analyzing performance and risk
- Leading safety culture seminars/training
- Analyzing systems resilience/adaptation/failure
C-130J Aircraft, U.S. Coast Guard
To help the Coast Guard define its requirements for the HC-130J aircraft, Mr. Berner served as a subject-matter expert and played a key part of the capture/proposal team. He supported the front-end analysis and became certified in the Harless Method of Human Performance Technology for Front End Analysis of HC-130J. Mr. Berner also framed an approach to track requirements for the team that developed the Preliminary Operational Requirements Document.
NDIA ForceNet Study, Human Element Group, U.S. Navy
As part of Navy Transformation, the Navy made plans to “operationalize” Network-Centric Warfare. Addx helped shape those plans. Addx analysts examined the roles of “knowledge warriors,” “information technologists,” and others, helping Navy understand organizational communication and operational command and control.